- Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth to help protect others in case you’re infected with COVID-19 but don’t have symptoms
- Wear a mask in public settings when around people who don’t live in your household, especially when it may be difficult for you to stay six feet apart
- Wear a mask correctly for maximum protection
- Don’t put the mask around your neck or up on your forehead
- Don’t touch the mask, and, if you do, wash your hands or use hand sanitizer to disinfect. This message is directly from the CDC website.
Wear a Mask to Protect Others
Do you need a unique and different gift for a new baby? At Mattlain Stitches we will create something that will be very special and personal to the new parents. Here is something that we just did for a family that is in the roofing business. For more information please visit our Baby Blanket page.
I have been sewing for over 35 years. I was told once that bobbins wear out and you need to change them but I never actually experienced that until yesterday. I was sewing a basic straight stich on a strait seam and the stitching and tension was off. The bobbin thread was too lose. I was sewing with my Brother Innovis 4000D. I purchased this machine in 2006 and it is a work horse. It rarely skips a beat. Anyway, after checking all of the usual check points; top thread, cleaning out the bobbin case and area around it, I sewed with a different bobbin and everything was good again. My message to you is that plastic bobbins do wear out and if your stitching is not up to par it may be time to replace it.
These blankets make great house warming, anniversary or birthday gifts. The blanket in the pictures is a White Fleece Blanket with Fringe.
The family name is in 3" letters that are made out of a Burgandy Fleece fabric. Each 3" letter is embroidered in White thread with one or two family member's names on it.
Size: 51" x 67"